Day 13 - Monday 10th October 2022

The seats in Jetstar's business class recline but are nowhere near flat like you often get in business class on international airlines. However, I still managed to get short bursts of sleep before they woke us when we were approaching Melbourne.

Before ewe landed, the pilot told us that the weather in Melbourne was fine and it was 4C. I thought I must have misheard because surely it couldn't be that cold in October but it was. The pilot had caught up some time because we were only about 30 minutes late.

We all had to go through customs and collect our bags at Tullamarine. They made announcements about foot and mouth disease in Indonesia and we had to walk across the special mats that are supposed to sanitise our shoes from the disease.

My flight to Sydney was from the domestic terminal T4. Because I'm not familiar with Tullararine, I had to find the terminal and it turned out to be a long walk. Inside the terminal, it was crowded and hectic. Just like organised chaos.

I'd just finished grabbing a quick bite to eat, when I got a message on my phone telling me which gate number was allocated (which turned out to be incorrect) and I had to get there within 20 minutes. I had been keeping an eye on the departure board which was saying "relax - we'll allocate the gate at 10am".

It was a long walk to the farthest part of the terminal but I got there in time. Surely they should be able to allocate the gates earlier.

The flight arrived in Sydney on time, my bag arrived on the carousel, I caught a taxi and I was home soon after 1pm. Milo was very excited to see me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 04 - Saturday 1st October 2022

Day 02 - Thursday 29th September 2022

Day 01 - Wednesday 28th September 2022