Day 08 - Wednesday 5th October 2022
I managed to snooze until 8am. Graham and Harry were also awake but Nicky and John didn't surface until about 9:15am. Once again it was raining and they were forecasting more rain for the rest of the day.
I was starving and so, at about 8:45am, I worked out how to order a bagel and coffee for delivery using the Grab app. It worked and I enjoyed my breakfast by 9:30am. Graham had decided to wait until John placed an order.
Nicky and John managed to get more sleep in the cabana in the back yard because it wasn't as noisy as the front room upstairs. Graham managed to sleep until about 3am but the noise stopped him from getting back to sleep after that. He is thinking of sleeping in Harry's room tonight because it's a little quieter.
Nicky, John and Harry left at about 10am to have breakfast at Finns. Graham and I stayed behind at the villa. We couldn't see any point in going there in the rain. At midday, it changed from light rain and drizzle into a heavy downpour.
Nicky, John and Harry were still at Finns at 1:15pm and so I used Grab again to order lunch - this time for both me and Graham. I'm getting better at this with practice.
One complication was that the front gate to the villa was locked because John took the key with him but I managed to get out to the street via the staff member's garage.
Nicky and John returned to villa at about 4pm, They had been to Finns Beach Club as well. Harry was in the kids club at Finns Recreation Club and Nick and I got a Grab taxi to pick him up at 5:30.
On the way back, we stopped at a grog shop so I could buy another couple of bottles of wine - the Two Islands shiraz that I'd enjoyed back at Kuta.
Nicky had booked dinner at a restaurant called Smoke in Canggu as my birthday present. We caught a Grab taxi which took about 20 minutes to get there through all the usual traffic.
It was a great choice. This restaurant specialises in barbecue food. It is open air with a canopy over the eating areas with an open kitchen on one side and an open fire in the middle of the courtyard.
They have a variety of meat options including slow-cooked American style meat dishes where you can select a combination of different meats. I choose pulled pork and pulled beef. A delicious meal.
On the way back, John asked the driver to take the shortcut which only took about 10 minutes.
Before we left, Graham told me that he is flying out on Saturday - not Sunday like the rest of us. He had booked a room at the Novotel airport hotel that night so we could go there after we checked out of the villa while we waited for our late night flight.
Therefore I needed to book a room for the Sunday night I would be flying out but, when I went online, there were no vacancies.
The good news was that my laundry had been delivered while we were out and so I will something to wear tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment