Day 07 - Tuesday 4th October 2022
I had thought that the traffic noise from the nearby road might have kept me awake but I had no problems at all. It helps that I take my hearing aids off when I go to bed. Also most of the noise was coming from the shutters in the ensuite bathroom and so I blocked out the noise by closing the bathroom door.
There was no noise at about 7:30am because a gardener was working in the yard using a wipper-snipper. He was also cleaning the pool.
I saw Graham and Harry at about 8am but it must have been about 9:30am before I saw Nicky and John. They didn't look well. Apparently neither of them had been able to sleep overnight because of the constant loud noise of the traffic outside their bedroom window.
Graham offered to swap rooms with them because he was confident he would be able to get to sleep despite the noise. His room in the building out the back was much quieter.
Today the forecast was for more rain and drizzle. This didn't worry Harry because he was still able to swim in the pool.
Just before 2pm, we got a taxi for the short trip to Finns Recreation Club which has pools, slides and other entertainment for kids. Harry had a great time there.
When I arrived at security at the entrance, they confiscated my water bottle because I wasn't allowed to take it inside. Further on, they told me I could take my camera inside and I had to leave it at reception. I was nervous about leaving it but I did get it back OK when we left. It seems like a strange rule because every other person has a camera on their mobile phone.
We were back at the villa at about 4pm so Harry could have a rest.
In the evening, we ordered a meal delivery and we watched a movie on TV.
Comments
Post a Comment