Day 05 - Sunday 2nd October 2022

Graham and I went down to breakfast at about 8:45am in the Rockstar Royalty level. The others were still asleep and joined us later. Instead of sitting at a table in the sun like yesterday, we went into the air-conditioned suite.

Perhaps we should have tried previously because it was comfortable and it offered a (limited) buffet in addition to the menu options. I had the Rockstar Big Breakfast again.

Harry was booked into the kids club again and was looking forward to the rock climbing. We had no success in contacting Sue in the US but they rang us on Facetime.

After breakfast, I set out to go for a walk. The AccuWeather app showed no rain on the radar and said there would be no rain for at least 60 minutes. By the time I was walking past the pool, there were a few sprinkles of rain and by the time I got down to street level near Jamie Oliver's Kitchen, it was raining. So I turned around and went back to my room.

About an hour later, the rain had stopped and there was some blue sky and so I set off again. This time I wore my spray jacket but I needn't have bothered because it didn't rain - it just made me hot and sweaty.


I walked up to the Beachwalk shopping centre and then briefly had a look at the beach across the road. It's not easy getting across the road because there is a continuous line of cars and motor bikes. The best you can hope for is to dash across when the traffic slows a little.


On the way back, I found the driveway to the main entrance to the hotel which meant I didn't have to go around the corner to enter by the side entrance.

For lunch I went to the hotel restaurant (Starz) and enjoyed a butter chicken dish (Indian).

This afternoon, I went down to the Rock Spa on level 1 to have a relaxation back massage. She did a great job but I was still hobbling (because of Parkinson's) when I left.

We had pre-dinner drinks again in the Rock Royalty Suite. I was impressed that one of the waitresses remembered my room number and the waiter remembered that I wanted a glass (or two) of shiraz. Mind you, when we were leaving, the waitress asked if I remember her name and I didn't have a clue - so she showed me her name tag.

While were having our drinks, we were planning which restaurant to go to for dinner. The likely option was an Italian restaurant about 200m away but we would walk towards Beachwalk and decide as we went.

However, when we walked outside it was raining and so we decided to go to Jamie Oliver's Kitchen again - Harry's favourite restaurant in all the world.

It was a good meal again but it was very hot and humid. I couldn't resist having the chicken parmigiana again. Graham was interested in the pork rib curry but we couldn't get an answer from any of the staff whether it contained bones. In the end it did but I'm sure Graham still enjoyed it.

We were back in our rooms soon after 8:30pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 04 - Saturday 1st October 2022

Day 02 - Thursday 29th September 2022

Day 01 - Wednesday 28th September 2022